Destination Weddings in Ely, Minnesota
Timber Wolf Lodge and Ely, MN offer a unique Destination Wedding experience. Our 12-lakeside cabins offer accommodations for up to 72 of your close friends and family. Bear Island Lake spans 2,362 acres and is home to 22 unique islands that await your exploration. Our private beach offers a wonderful gather spot for your entire wedding party and their children. And our lake frontage offers a great location for bonfire gatherings, picnics and games.
As the host of your special occasion, we enjoy arranging special events for you and your party such as fishing and/or golf tournaments and guided nature hikes to local waterfalls.
We have enjoyed watching other wedding guests plan events such as:
– A shopping day on main street Ely
– Spa treatments for the wedding party
– Wedding rehearsal followed by a beachfront acoustic concert
– Island exploration on Bear Island Lake
– Wedding party golf and/or fishing tournaments
– A special sunset cruise for the wedding party aboard our resort pontoon
Ely, MN offers the bride and groom an assortment of wedding services including:
– Food trucks
– Night life
A sample itinerary of what your special event might look like can be found here:
– Noon arrival
– 4pm family and friends nature hike to the Kawishiwi Waterfall – guided by Timber Wolf Lodge staff.
– 6:30pm Family and Friends dinner at one of the unique main street Ely restaurants.
– 8pm lakefront bonfire
– 10pm Retire
– Golf or fishing tournament for the guys and a shopping and spa day in Ely for the girls.
– 4pm Wedding rehearsal
– 7pm rehearsal dinner
– 9pm lakefront bonfire and s’mores
– 10pm Ely nightlife
– The Timber Wolf Lodge staff will be available to you and your guests in order to host activities that are unique to Ely such as a trip to either the North American Bear Center or to the International Wolf Center.
– Bridal party – dress, hair and makeup
– Groom’s party – prepare for the big event
– With many of our Ely Destination Weddings we find that the Bride and Groom depart on Friday night, in order to catch their outbound honeymoon flight
– The Timber Wolf Lodge staff will be available to assist your guests with their departure on Saturday. Check out is noon.
During your Ely Destination Wedding the entire Timber Wolf Lodge resort is available to you and your guests. They will enjoy leisurely hikes around our 75-acre property as well as our private sandy beach and water trampoline. Your guests will have free use of our kayaks, canoes, and other water toys.
Each night our staff will make rounds to each guest cabin in order to assure that you and your guest are well supplied with firewood, ice and other necessities. We are here to make your special occasion both easy and enjoyable. One of our managers will be assigned to your wedding and will assist you in the days, weeks and months leading up to your special occasion.
We can sleep up to 72 (Ely hotels are available for additional wedding guests).
Each of our guest cabins features:
– New furnishings
– Sleep Number Beds
– New linens pillows and cases
– Keurig coffee brewing system
– Many feature fireplaces or antique wood burning stoves
Each cabin is fully furnished with fully equipped kitchens. Each cabin has either 1 or 2 bathrooms.
Catering, Floral, Liquor and Rentals
Ely and Duluth have a nice variety of companies to service all of your weddings needs. Let us help you select your vendors.
Please call Timber Wolf Resort for Availability 218-827-3512
3 Night Accommodations
– Up to 24 guests $3,600
– Up to 30 guests $4,200
– Up to 36 guests $4,800
– Up to 42 guests $5,400
– Up to 48 guests $6,000
– Up to 54 guests $6,600
– Up to 60 guests $7,200
– Up to 66 guests $7,800
– Up to 72 guests $8,400
A typical Timber Wolf Lodge wedding will have you and your guests arriving early on Wednesday, a rehearsal and dinner on Thursday, the wedding ceremony on Friday and departure on Saturday