Must See In Ely
• International Wolf Center – http://www.wolf.org/
• North American Bear Center – http://www.bear.org/website/
• Join us for Tuesday Night Live on Main Street Ely
• Ely is home to great Minnesota State Parks. Check out our great
selection of local hiking trails at – http://www.ely.org/things-to-do/hiking
• Miners Lake has a beautiful and challenging 4 mile hike.
• Come to the TWL office and pick up a lake map of Bear Island Lake.
Explore one of our 24 islands.
• From our shoreline enjoy a 2 mile paddle up Bear Island River.
• Join Piragis Outfitters for a one day adventure into the Boundary Waters
Canoe Area Wilderness- http://www.piragis.com/
• Explore either the Tower Soudan Mine or the Soudan Underground
• Enjoy a half day guided fishing trip to the boundary waters
with Jim Orcutt – http://jimthefishguy.com/
• Tour the Jim Brandenburg Gallery – http://www.jimbrandenburg.com/
• Enjoy local artists at the Art & Soul Gallery – Facebook Page
• Enjoy local golfing at – http://www.elymngolfclub.com/
• Enjoy premier golfing at a top 100 golf course located just 45 minutes
from TWL. The Legend at Giants Ridge – http://www.giantsridge.com/legend.html
• Fortune Bay Casino – http://www.fortunebay.com
Great Local Restaurants
• Kill’s Kitchen in Babbitt has a great and inexpensive breakfast menu (5 miles south of the resort)
• The Ely Steak House – http://www.elysteakhouse.com/
• Thirsty Thursday @ Grand Ely Lodge.
• Enjoy Ely micro-brews at Boat House Brewpub & Restaurant – http://www.boathousebrewpub.com/
• Treat the kids at Dairy queen
• Fantastic pizza at Sir G’s Italian Restaurant – http://www.sirgs.com/
Or spend a day in Duluth
• Tweed Museum of Art – http://www.d.umn.edu/tma/
• Great Lakes Aquarium – http://glaquarium.org/
• Lake Superior Zoo – http://www.lszooduluth.org/
• The Duluth Playhouse – http://www.duluthplayhouse.org/
• Ride the Scenic St. Louis River Railroad – http://www.lsmrr.org/
• Adventure Zone – http://www.adventurezoneduluth.com/