WE ARE READY for the 2014 Summer season! We reopen on May 10th, which is also the Minnesota Fishing Opener. Founded in 1937 – this marks our 77th year of hosting family vacations on beautiful Bear Island Lake. Each week our staff will host a free guided tour of Kawishiwi Falls, one of the most majestic waterfalls in the region.
What we offer:
| • 12 cabins that range from 1 to 5BR
• Our cabins sleep from 1 to 14 guests
• Sleep Number Beds in each master BR
• Hewn log bedframes in each master BR
• Newly furnishings throughout
• New mattresses, pillows and linens
• WiFi Internet at our office and beach
• New Keurig Single-Cup coffee brewers
• Private fire pits accompany each cabin
| • Private sandy beach & water trampoline
• 75 acres of woods and water
• ¾ mile hiking trail
• Free guided waterfall tour
• Marina with pontoons, bass and ski boats
• Canoes and kayaks
• Pro fishing guides
• Vending items, firewood, ice and bait
• A Finnish Sauna for a great ending to a perfect day!
As you can see in our pictures, each cabin has been remodelled and we continue to make improvements each-and-every year.
Bear Island Lake has great populations of walleye, northern pike, small mouth bass, bluegill, crappie and other pan fish for the kids. It covers 2,362 acres and is home to 22 different islands that you can explore. We are also home to 110 acre Bear Island, which is a federally owned sanctuary that rests in the center of our lake. These waters host a DNR fishery where 900,000 new walleye fry are released into our lake every other year!
Timber Wolf Lodge also offers 23 RV sites. 20 sites are reserved for long-term and seasonal stays and 3 remain open for shorter stays. We are a Good Sam Accredited RV Park with both electric and water hook-ups and an onsite waste station.
If you want to get out for local adventures then we partner with other business and attractions to offer our guests some great experiences. These include: Wolf Encounters at the International Wolf Center, Guided Fishing Trips with expert fisherman Jim Orcutt, and Bear Photo Ops at the North American Bear Center.
9130 Escape Road
Babbitt, MN 55706